Permanent dermal filler from Denmark

All you need to know about our Permanent Dermal Filler from Denmark


Dermal fillers are a range of substances that can be injected into the skin under wrinkles to pump up the wrinkled skin a little, reducing the appearance of the wrinkle and often making it disappear altogether.

aquamid

Company image. Not a Peach patient

The goal of using a dermal filler is to make the wrinkle disappear forever, without provoking side-effects or allergic reactions, whilst leaving a natural soft look and feel. However, up until now, soft dermal fillers have tended to break down with time (this is not always a bad thing) and permanent fillers have tended to feel hard under the skin or to provoke side effects.

This permanent dermal filler from Denmark is a now an established treatment. It has been demonstrated to last for over ten years and counting, but it feels soft and natural under the skin. Side effects and allergic reactions are very rare.

The key component in this permanent filler is a polymer, simply a substance made of many repeating molecules. It seems impossible for your body to break down this substance, and allergic/foreign body reactions against it are very rare. However, the softness comes from the fact that the product is only 2.5% polymer, with the other 97.5% being water. Water gives the permanent filler its softness, making it like a soft sticky gel. The polymer, then, is like a three dimensional net that holds water in place under your lines to pump them up, and in your lips to give them fullness.

Once the permanent filler is injected in place under the lines or in the lip, your immune system will build a thin wall around the gel, which helps to keep it in place. And there it stays.

Who can have permanent dermal fillers?

The product is for people seeking a permanent treatment for certain deeper facial lines and for thin lips. It can also be used to fill in hollows in your cheeks, or to fill in deep acne scars. Permanent dermal fillers are generally not used to treat lines around the eyes, as anti-wrinkle injections are better for these. Also, it is not used to treat very fine lines, as permanent dermal fillers must be placed quite deep in the skin: too deep to help fill in fine lines. Some medical conditions would preclude treatment. Discuss your medical history with the doctor. Those with a history of unusual scarring, or bleeding disorders, or immune disorders, or poorly controlled diabetes, should not undergo this process.

Permanent dermal fillers cannot be given if you have any skin infection. If you have had cold sores (herpes) around the mouth you should take anti-viral medication prior to treatment. Some authorities recommend broad-spectrum antibiotics prior to injection: this is prudent, as infection in the filler site must be prevented. If you have had any temporary dermal fillers into the the treatment area, including those commonly used, you must wait until these have fully dissipated prior to receiving the permanent filler (generally at least six months). Nonetheless, most careful cosmetic doctors will only consider a permanent filler for those patients who have had experience with other temporary fillers first. This is obviously because the result is permanent, and can be removed only with difficulty. Patients must be demonstrably committed to the idea of having a filler in place, and must have experienced a filler to know what it may feel like on an ongoing basis. This is a prudent approach.

What’s the treatment like?

You should not apply make-up on the day of the procedure. After full discussion and assessment in consultation, you’ll take your place in our treatment chair. The skin is cleaned with antiseptic and careful aseptic technique is observed. A local anesthetic, like you might receive at the dentist, may be given to reduce discomfort. The permanent filler gel is then injected under the lines, and/or in the lips, as the case may be, then any slight irregularities in the gel are evened out. And that’s it.

 

 

After the treatment you shouldn’t touch the treatment site or apply make-up. Treat the area carefully for the first couple of days, avoiding exertion, heat, cold, other facial treatments, even kissing. The treated area may get a little pink or swollen, temporarily. A cold pack may help. You may get slight bruising, as may occur with any injection. If swelling persists for more than three days, or if swelling or pain or any other apparent side effect develops in the several weeks after treatment, you should contact us straight away, in case you have developed an infection. Infection after treatment is very rare but nonetheless must be watched for.